The Kiefer Hablitzel Foundation was founded in 1946 by Charles and Mathilde Kiefer-Hablitzel. As industrialists in Brazil, the couple had accrued both great prestige and a vast fortune. In the 1930s, they returned to Switzerland, taking up residence in Dreilinden castle near Luzern. During their lifetimes, they were already generous patrons of the arts. In close cooperation with the Swiss federal government, the couple, who had remained childless, decided to use the lion’s share of their fortune to establish a foundation. Thus, the “Kiefer Hablitzel Foundation” was created, the proceeds of which are mostly distributed to documented institutions. Part of the foundation’s funds are awarded to young artists and musicians in yearly competitions.
According to its bylaws, the foundation is bound to this purpose. It may not support any other projects and cannot consider requests for stipends and grants.
The foundation is supervised by the Eidgenössische Stiftungsaufsicht.
The board of the Kiefer Hablitzel Foundation consists of representatives of Switzerland’s public and artistic life.
Members of the board
- Dr. Veit Wagner, Vice presicent and delegate of the REHAU-group’s board of directors der REHAU Gruppe, Meyriez
- Dr. Regula Rapp, Rector, Staatliche Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst, Stuttgart
- Claire Hoffmann, president of the jury Kiefer Hablitzel │Göhner Art Prize, curator Centre culturel suisse, Paris (designated)
- Gui-Michel Caillat, President of the Jury, Kiefer Hablitzel │Göhner Music Prize, pianist, Geneva (designated)
- Martin Müller, Lawyer and notary public, Bern
- Prof. Dr. Peter J. Schneemann, Director of the department of art history, University of Bern
Martin Müller, Lawyer and notary public, Bern
Kiefer Hablitzel Stiftung
c/o Martin Müller, Notariat und Advokatur